AT A WRIGHTSLAW BOOT CAMP, YOU LEARN HOW TO:
- Look up special education statutes and regulations to get answers to your questions
- Use tests and assessments to measure educational progress and chart out test scores
- Write SMART IEP goals and objectives
- Learn how to use Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) as a tool to open doors to services
- Write effective letters and use advocacy strategies to negotiate for appropriate special education programs
“I am so glad that I had the opportunity to attend this conference. I feel more empowered and better educated in my role as advocate for my two sons who are on the autism spectrum. Both Peter and Pam did an excellent job of presenting in both a professional and personable manner. It was a pleasure to spend two days in their guidance and company. Thank you for this very valuable experience.”
– Attendee, Portland, Maine 2 Day Boot Camp
In addition to learning valuable tools and skills, attendees will also receive three books:
- Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Edition
- Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Edition
- Wrightslaw: All About IEPs
A lite breakfast, lunch and coffee break are included each day. Download the event flyer to learn more!
When: April 6 & 7, 2018
Where: Woodland, The Community Church, 9607 State Road 70 East, Bradenton, FL 34202
Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Registration and lite breakfast open at 8 a.m.
Cost: $150 (April 6 only), $199 (Two-day)
Download a list of nearby hotels.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded.
CEUs and CLEs will be provided. The CEU’s are $24.00 for each day and the CLE’s are $27.00 for each day.
The Family Network on Disabilities (FND) for Manasota is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Our Federal I.D. Number is 65-0156905. FND of Manasota’s registration number with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is CH16350. The Family Network on Disabilities of Manasota employs no contracted solicitors and receives 100% of all contributions. A copy of this official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of consumer Services by calling toll-free 1-800-435-7372 within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.